We are seeking volunteers for our forthcoming international conference which will take place at St John’s College, University of Manitoba between September 29th and October 1st 2017.
We need helpers both before, during and after the conference to help with:
(1) Registration – to be part of a team at the registration desk who will help delegates register and provide them with information and assistance. The team will also prepare conference packs and signage.
(2) Publicity, Communications and Website – to help publicise our conference to a wide audience in Winnipeg, using our website, targeted mailings, our growing facebook group and physical posters. To prepare and design materials for this such as posters, flyers, mailshots, and so on
(3) Catering – to liaise with hotel and conference caterers, oversee menu selections and ensure prompt delivery.
(4) Facilities management – to liaise with panellists to help them present their papers. Includes liaison with Audio Visual, dealing with special requirements, and providing quick response in the event of problems. Possibly to provide additional support for disabled participants if requested.
(5) Travel – to arrange for our five international speakers to be met at the airport and taken to hotels, help them with transport to conference venues, and where appropriate, get them to their airport to leave.
(6) Culture – to help us put on short performances at suitable times which showcase what Winnipeg has to offer an international audience.
(7) Videos – to work with a team to shoot material and capture sound at the conference panels and plenaries, conduct roving interviews, and work afterwards to prepare edited YouTube videos and podcasts
We are looking for volunteers at two levels:
(1) Experienced volunteers – folks with some experience in the relevant field, who can assist with strategic planning and managing a team
(2) Enthusiastic newcomers – people who’d like to help under direction
This is an approximate division and teamwork will be the operative word.
For the days you volunteer at the conference itself, registration will be waived and you will be entitled to attend any sessions when you are not busy (we will try to rotate duty slots) and to a full lunch and two coffee breaks.
Volunteers will be recognised on our website and we can provide a certificate to testify to your assistance.
If you are interested in helping us, or if you would like more information, please email [email protected] and let us know how you would like to help.